Based on the findings from various research surveys in U.S. (check out the sources at the bottom right of the infographic), an Australian-based online course company Open Colleges developed this infographic, giving you with a pictorial understanding of where we are today in terms of our readiness for a 21st century classroom.
The key takeaways (based on US data):
- 91% of teachers have computers in the classroom
- Just 20% think they have the right level of technology in the classroom
- More than half of all colleges surveyed say their biggest priority is upgrading their wi-fi system
- 43% of teachers surveyed have used online games in the classroom
- 29% of teachers use social networks… 80% of college professors do too.